In celebration of Labor Day, I thought I’d share some of my fellow Rubys’ favorite places for those anticipated three day weekend getaways. We’re based in the verdant terrain of Portland, OR, so it’s no surprise quite a few of our favorite retreats are in the good old outdoors. If you’re local, you may just want to head out to one of these spots, and if you’re not, maybe it’ll convince you to take a trip out West and visit your favorite virtual receptionists! Here are our top 10 favorite recommendations:
1. Oregon Coast — Some of our favorite coastal cities are Lincoln City, Seaside, Astoria, and Yachats.And if you find yourself a little further south, I recommend checking out Bandon, OR, where you can hold a baby tiger!
2. Columbia River Gorge — Less than a half-hour outside Portland city limits, the Gorge offers the natural wonders of camping, hiking, and fishing. It’s also home to breathtaking waterfalls and about 50 elegant wineries and vineyards.
4. Mt. Hood — Best known as a beautiful winter wonderland, Mt. Hood has plenty to offer in the “off season.” Mt. Hood National Forest includes hundreds of miles of hiking trails, and you can also go mountain biking, bungee jumping and try an alpine zip line at Mt. Hood Skibowl. Intermediate and advanced skiers can even indulge in lift-accessible, summer skiing at Timberline Lodge!
7. Vancouver, BC — Such a beautiful drive and not nearly as far as you think! Vancouver is a weath of diversity and is often called the “city of neighborhoods.” While you are there, you can even stay in a sphere suspended above the forest! How cool is that?!
8. Redwood State Parks, CA — Nothing brings a Ruby closer to nature than sleeping under thousand-year-old redwood trees!
10. Enchanted Forest — This fairytale theme park located just outside of Salem, OR is a magical playground for kids of all ages. Perfect for our Ruby team members with little ones!
We hope these travel tips might inspire you to make a trip out to the Pacific Northwest, or maybe just inspire you to think about the favorite getaways in your own state! Tell us about your plans for the Labor Day weekend. We would love to hear about the special places in your region!