Fall is officially here. In some parts of the country, that means crisp, dry weather and leaves crackling underfoot. Not so in Oregon! Here, fall means the start of the rainy season. The rainy winters of the Pacific Northwest aren’t as bad as you might think, though. We don’t have many downpours—it’s more a consistent drizzling through October and usually into the start of May. We Rubys are seasoned winter-weatherers (yes, pun intended). We don’t really mind the gray skies that hover over our city for most of the year because we make the best of every day even if there are dreary clouds on the horizon.
Here are some of the Ruby staff’s favorite things to do on a rainy day:
- Snuggle up on the couch with a good book or a pet. We love our dogs and cats, but some Rubys have more exotic tastes, like reptiles, bunnies, and chickens.
- Make a big pot of soup or bake some treats.
- Work on projects. (We have a lot of budding artists, crafters, and bike mechanics here—stay tuned for more on this next week!)
- Clean the house and get organized.
- Find someplace warm and cozy to enjoy a day out. We’re real library and coffee shop aficionados.
What’s your favorite thing to do while we wait for our friend the groundhog to announce the coming of spring? Make this winter your best yet!