Right now, at this second, dozens of people want to get in touch with your business. Fortunately, you don’t need to do much to connect with them. If you have an online presence, such as a website or Facebook page, you’re probably halfway there.
But you already knew that. If your organization is like most, you’re already focused on digital marketing and website development. Perhaps you’ve invested in search engine optimization, content, advertising, or any number of the myriad strategies businesses use to stand out online.
So why aren’t you connecting with as many customers as you could be? Two words:
What Is Live Chat?
Live chat is a form of online communication in which people send messages to each other in real time. Think of it like texting, but over an internet connection rather than a telephone network.
You’re probably familiar with live chat, even if you don’t know it. If you’ve ever typed a word into Slack, WhatsApp, Apple Messages, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk, AOL Instant Messenger, or Skype, you’ve engaged in live chat. And if you’ve ever visited a website and were greeted by a pop-up box encouraging you to “chat now” with a support agent, you’ve seen a company’s live chat tool in action.
These tools aren’t merely for show—they can transform a business’s customer acquisition numbers practically overnight.
Why Does Live Chat Matter?
Consider the following:
- 42% of all customers prefer chat over other communication channels, such as email (23%) and social media outreach (6%). [source]
- 73% of consumers are satisfied with their experiences on live chat—that’s the highest level of all customer service channels. [source]
- Compared to other prospects, live chat prospects are 4.6 times more likely to convert into customers. [source]
Given these kinds of statistics, you’d think service-oriented businesses would be zeroed in on live chat. And yet, approximately only 14% of companies use it. That means 86% of businesses—likely including your competitors—either undervalue chat or don’t know about it at all.
Sounds like a major opportunity for you to differentiate.
But that’s only one of the many benefits live chat can offer. With a simple, unobtrusive chat window, your site can…
- meet customer demand 24/7,
- take sales and support pressure off of your team,
- generate new leads for your business,
- help you overcome common customer objections as they arise,
- answer visitors’ frequently asked questions,
- gather a broader and more accurate set of customer data,
- and much more.
That said, effective chat is about more than installing a widget on your website. To see real results, you need to do things right. Bots, forms, and outsourcing simply don’t work. In fact, shortcuts can actually turn would-be customers away.
Live Chat Insights and Best Practices
So, how do you do chat the right way? Download our new ebook, The Ultimate Guide to Chat, to find out!
Inside this free resource, you’ll find detailed, data-backed insights, with chapters covering…
- The expectations of the digital customer
- The difference between an AI and live chat experience
- How live chat can boost your bottom line
- What to consider when choosing the best live chat solution for your business
Discover how you can use chat to transform your business and start generating leads from your website daily.