Have you ever gone to get your mail and were delighted to find an unexpected package? Fulfilling an unexpressed need and hearing clients say: “WOW, how did you know??” is a phrase you will never get tired of hearing.
As we shared yesterday, exceptional customer service is more than being helpful — it’s about real, meaningful connections. But how do you make these surprises easy and sustainable for your team? Build a “WOW Station!”
Follow these easy steps to achieve your own WOW Station:
- Homebase. Designate an area in your office where you have the supplies you would need to send a personal gift or card. We keep our “WOW Station” in the break room — a central, high-traffic area that makes wow-ing convenient and top-of-mind.
- Inspiration. Hang thank-you cards that you receive from clients and share stories of what your team has sent to spark ideas and celebrate connections.
- Tools. Have pens and notecards available. Craft supplies like rubber stamps and tissue paper (in your brand’s colors) are always fun to jazz up a package.
- Packing Supplies. Boxes, envelopes, and postage stamps put the finishing touches on your gift or card before you drop it in the mail.
- Gift Cards. Don’t have room to keep a stockpile of gifts? That’s ok! Keep a gift card to a local store on-hand or create a prepaid Amazon account that you can use to find the perfect gift and make someone’s day.
Once you have sent your first WOW gift, you’ll ask yourself, “Why haven’t I done this before?” It’s an easy and efficient way to let your clients know that you care about them and are thankful for their business!