People do business with people they like — the optimal word being “people.” Your clients want to know they’re more than just dollar signs in your eyes; how do you show them you’re thankful for their business while fostering meaningful, long-term connections?
Thanksgiving’s just around the corner, so now’s the perfect time to express your gratitude! Try these five surefire ways to show clients you’re grateful for them:
- Welcome new clients with a friendly note. Start your business relationship off on the right foot by sending a notecard to welcome your new clients. Since our receptionists are virtual and don’t often get to meet clients in person, we like to send a handwritten note and a team photo to new clients to create a strong personal connection and thank them for their business.
- Keep an ear out for opportunities to help. Though not always an explicit display of gratitude, anticipating your clients’ needs is a great way to show you care. Demonstrate you’re listening by picking up on verbal cues and offering assistance even before they ask!
- Thank customers for referrals. Positive word-of-mouth can be powerful in driving new business, so it’s important to thank your clients for speaking well of you! For example, we reward clients for telling their friends about Ruby with a custom Visa gift card and handwritten thank you card. Any gesture of acknowledgement will be appreciated and strengthen their goodwill, so pick the method that’s most meaningful to your customers!
- Send a follow-up email after a call or in-person visit. There are many reasons a follow-up email is a good idea; not least among them is the opportunity to say a hearty thank you!
- Deliver a holiday gift. ‘Tis the season! Whether it’s a handwritten notecard, signed by members of your staff, or other small token of your appreciation, dropping a year-end gift in the mail is a delightful surprise that will remind your customers why they like doing business with you!
Photo by Flickr user muffintinmom