A live answering service that does more than answer your phone.
Ruby’s team of receptionists answer every business-hour call live, ensuring you never lose a potential customer at the beep.
On Every Call
Happy callers become loyal customers. Ruby’s highly-trained receptionists answer, transfer, and impress every caller.
That Sets You Apart
Turn your phone into a revenue-generating machine with our legendary service, a free business phone number, and the Ruby app!
Free eBook: Grow Your Business with Ruby
Ruby Receptionists has been answering phone calls, delighting callers, and helping small businesses grow for 15 years.
- How Ruby works
- What a virtual receptionist does
- How a virtual receptionist is different than an answering service
Turn Your Callers into Customers
Turning your phone line into a revenue-generating machine is as easy as:
- Update your call-handling instruction, greeting, and details with the Ruby app.
- Our live receptionists will screen calls, answer FAQs, transfer callers, send them to voicemail, and take messages!
- You receive the calls you want, return calls on your schedule, and are always in the know with messages and transcribed voicemails.
- Text or call your callers back directly from the Ruby app.
Thousands of small businesses in North America rely on Ruby
to provide great customer service
“Ruby’s fantastic receptionists are a key part of my commercial real estate team. They efficiently handle my inbound calls with an awesome combination of professionalism and spunk. With Ruby on my side, I can be sure that I’ll never miss an opportunity.”
—Bill Vogel, Third Coast Commercial Real Estate
“Our investment in Ruby has been worth every penny. It’s impossible to put a price on how well our callers are received, how impressive it makes us sound, and how much time and hassle this takes off of our plates. Ruby saves everyone on our team hours per month, but more importantly it helps reinforce our reputation and brand, and helps us win new business.”
—Matt Heinz, Heinz Marketing Inc
“Ruby brings extraordinary value and efficiency to our practice. When our clients call, a super nice person – not a machine – answers the phone and is able to connect that client to us no matter where we are. Ruby works 13 hours a day during the week, never gets sick, never takes a day off, never complains, and can handle as much call volume as you can throw at her for a price you just have to see to believe.”
—Bob Pedrick, Chartered Advisory Group
“I love having Ruby! My clients never get voicemail during work hours and calls are always answered professionally. Getting emails of who called right away is super convenient and screening out the sales calls saves a huge amount of time!”
—Linda A. Kerns, The Law Offices of Linda A. Kerns, LLC
Grow Your Business with Ruby and a Cell Phone
How Ruby Works
How Ruby Works
Ruby does more than answer your phone. Our answering service works with you to build customized instructions that fit your small business’ unique needs. We’ll:
- Greet your callers
- Offer to take a message, provide a warm transfer to your phone, or transfer callers to voicemail
- Provide you with notification, messages, or call details
Phone Number Options
Phone Number Options
We have three phone number options designed to make using Ruby easy for you!
- Forward your existing number to Ruby! You can forward calls to us full time, part-time, or on an as-needed basis.
- Port your number to Ruby. We’re also happy to host your number! It’s free as part of your Ruby service and allows you to boot your extra phone bill.
- We’ll provide a number for you if you don’t have one! You can select a number in a local area code, and you can take it with you at the end of your service.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more details.
We do more than answer your phone. Ruby highly-trained receptionist can also make outbound calls on your behalf—relaying information or confirming appointments.